Tuesday 26 November 2013

A little project

At times I feel like my life is a dam. Day by day, drops of water fall into it and collects into one big reservoir. But then it gets too much and I feel like this damn is going to explode. Everything just got a little too much for me. I am so very sorry that I haven't been writing in a while. Trust me writing is my passion but with all the things going on, I just didn't think that writing a blog in that time was going to be very good for me mentally. Instead I have been doing something else.

I am writing something. A story to be precise.

This year I took up an elective called myth to modernity. It was a fantastic course that focused on narratives or myths and legends that have shaped today's society. It closely links philosophy and narrative writing. And of course, I loved my teacher. There is always something inspirational about the arts teachers and my teacher was no exception. She is a lovely woman who speaks in a way that whatever she says seems to be a story itself. She picked up my story, read it and supported me throughout the whole planning of it and I can happily say that I am very proud of where it is heading.

Of course, I know its no big deal. I don't know. Maybe I will publish it...one day. But sometimes we all just need a project now and again. For me, it's writing. It takes me to  places I never knew existed within my mind. I used to think that my mind was such a small, two dimensional little world. But words and the beautifully constructed sentences of our language has really allowed me to explore this vast, endless land, all inside a small little human brain, no bigger than a soup bowl.

Actually, I have an idea. I would love to get to know you all a little bit better. So come on, tell me about your little project. If you don't have one, make one and tell me all about it!

2 comments:

  1. My little project is teaching myself to play guitar. It relaxes me and when I look back and see how far I've come, I feel so proud of myself. Right now though, I just need a little push to keep going cause I've lost all of my motivation. I'd like to write songs too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the guitar! Sometimes it happens, we lose our motivation occasionally but I always find that forcing myself to do it never really helps either. Take a break and promise yourself, or set a reminder or an alarm something that tell you "either tomorrow, or the day after I'm going to pick up that guitar again". AND DON'T GO BACK ON YOUR WORD. Thats the tricky bit. Try to figure out what made you want to try it in the first place :)

    ReplyDelete