Saturday 1 March 2014

Self efficacy

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so a million times sorry!!!! Ergh I know, there are absolutely no excuses when it comes to keeping up with your blog. That's why I'm not even going to try to tell you the billion excuses that are popping up in my head. I have failed my goals, and let myself down, and as a result I've let my readers down.

So these are the situations that you are faced with in life. There are going to be moments where you may feel like you have not followed through or succeeded in any way. I feel that way. And this feeling is often a billion times worse because you often feel as if you could have done something about it. There were actions that you could have taken in order to succeed. Maybe you could've gotten up off your backside and actually started revising for that test. Maybe you could have just slipped on your running shoes and gone for that jog anyway, even if it was 40 degrees outside. Maybe I could have just opened up a new tab and started writing a new post.

But really, there is no point in dwindling on the failures of the past, or what you think are failures, because those negative thoughts are going to get you nowhere my friends. Instead, dwindle on the success of the past. Look back at the times when you were at your peak. What were you doing then? What can you do to get back into form?There is no one better than yourself when it comes to  setting a positive example for your future success.

Self efficacy. In fact it's a word that I learnt just this week. It is one's believe in one's own ability to succeed. People who find other options to exercise when it's too rainy for a jog have high self efficacy. People who don't eat ice cream at parties and stick to their health and have a high self efficacy.

But what do you do when you feel like your self efficacy at rock bottom? Well you think back to the moments when you did succeed and when you did do well or when you felt the most accomplished and say to yourself  "we'll I did it then, so I can do it now". And you need to feel proud of yourself for at least achieving that much.

So there. I know I haven't posted in a week. But I also know that there was a time where I was posting 2 times a week even through school, exams, netball, swimming, piano, and singing. And I'm proud of myself. And I know that I will be able to do that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment